Friday 26 July 2013

Books do not like Flooded Basements!

All my books were purposefully on upper shelves in case of a basement flood but I have recently discovered that merely sitting above moisture is enough to start pages wrinkling and curling.  Another life lesson learned!

However I was very lucky at my place.  Things are steadily moving towards "normal" and I'll be able to return to making blog posts by the time fall rolls around.  My heart goes out to the many, many people who are still struggling with huge clean ups and, in some cases, permanent loss of their homes.

Many thanks to all my wonderful family, terrific friends and great neighbours for help during these last weeks.

Thanks also to those who have continued to check in on my blog.  I'm looking forward to getting back to all aspects of writing soon!

Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment